Saturday 21 February 2015

Rush Of Blood To My Head...

I was done with the flat and agreed to slip the key through the letter box at Ben's current apartment. I told him I was going to do it in the morning on my way out but I was really going to slip it in during my lunch break.

It was a working week and I was sure Ben would not be at home. As a Civil Engineer I expected he would be out on some project by the time I get there. I dropped the keys in an envelope and slipped it through the letter box, I was so happy we did not see.

Just as the doors to the elevator was about to close, my phone rang and it was Ben, I could hear his voice through the phone and outside the elevator. I hit the door close and G button and the elevator started going down.

Ben: Hey, where are you running off too? I thought you were coming this morning.

Me: Hi! What are you doing home today? Yea, plans changed!


Ben: I had some paperwork to go over today and decided to work from home.


'The bell on the elevator rung'

Ben: Oh you are still in the building! Come back up real quick would you? I need to thank you in person!

Me: Thank me? I have just done my job! May be you should wait to see the flat first...


Ben: No, you've got good eyes, like me! I trust your work. Ok if you don't come back up I would come down to you.


Me: That would be late, I am about to jump into the car.


Ben: We both know you are walking to the bus stop. No one dares to drive at lunch hour in this city.


Me: ..... Ok, I'm coming up!


Click.

The elevator ride was one of the longest ones I have ever been on. I had a lot of work to get back to on my desk, I would make this real quick, I told myself. The door opened and Ben was standing right in front, I walked straight into him.

His phone fell out of his hands and he picked it up. I told him I had a lot of work to get back to and would not be staying long. We walked into his flat and his scent was everywhere. I felt woozy! I asked him if he used an interior designer for his current flat and he said he designed it all by himself.

I was impressed! He asked for what I would like to drink, I asked for a cup of coffee. Since I entered the flat I kept my eyes on everything else except Ben. All the while thinking about how he looked that afternoon.

He had on a white shirt with blue jeans, the shirt was tucked out and his sleeves folded, he had also left the two top buttons loose so I could see some hair on his chest. I noticed a pair of glasses on his work table and asked what his defect was and he said he was nearsighted.

I laughed and said that explains why he always stands so close to me, he laughed as well, brought me my cup of coffee and stood very close to my face. We both laughed and I looked away. We sat quietly for two minutes and I broke the silence by talking about my finished work. He just nodded, smiled and stared.

I sneezed and my hair fell into my face, he got up to hand me the tissue box, after which he pulled my hair to the back of my ears. I felt my cheeks turn red, my body was hot again. He then said I think I have an effect on you. I could not look in his face or respond. I was looking for something in the bottom of my cup.

He moved close to me, took the cup from my hands and dropped it on the table. I was staring at the cup still, he tried to lift my face with his fingers, but I refused. He got up and walked through the hallway into a room.

I remember I got up immediately to try to leave, he walked back out and just stood there, staring at me. I felt like a school child caught doing something wrong. I smiled and said I needed to go back to work. He smiled back and said of course, walked to me, stopped a few inches from my body, smiled, leaned in and kissed me on my lip. He pulled back and stared at me now. Stared hard into my soul, I felt naked...

I felt all the blood in my body rush to my head. I was breathing heavy. I think I wanted to cry. I dropped my face again. He lifted it and kissed me again, this time deeper, I kissed him back.


His lips where thicker than Derricks, softer too, he kissed me slowly, tenderly...My body was responding in ways I never knew it could, I could feel every hair on my body like electricity running through me....He was making love to my lips. My legs could no longer hold me again and I leaned into his body for support.

He caught me and stopped. He stopped and we stood there, me in his arms, his scent all over me, swimming in my blood stream. I opened my eyes and realised his were closed. I asked him why he was doing this to me... He opened his eyes and released me. He sat down and it was only then I realised he was pale as a ghost.

He looked up at me and asked me the same question.... I turned and walked out of the flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment