Monday 9 February 2015

.....The 24 Fanatic In Me...

For the rest of the weekend I was busy with Derrick and Ben did not cross my mind except in connection to the job I was doing for him. On monday I had ordered some of the furniture and pieces for the flat. I went to the store in the evening, saw that bottle of wine..giggled, picked it up. Got into the car...scrolled to my phone...picked up Ben's last message about 24 and replied.

At every traffic light I looked at my phone to see if he had replied, as soon as I parked the car I looked at my phone again, saw he had not replied and for some reason felt stupid! You know at this point I should have known I was attracted to Ben and shut it down there, in fact I think I knew but denied it with all my being.

I sulked! I got into the house... Derr was talking to me about his day, I started fixing dinner and occasionally nodded, smiled and said uh-huh! Really! We ate, and during dinner my phone beeped! I picked it up, saw it was Ben's reply but for some reason did not read it. All of a sudden my mood improved, I was talking more and cracking jokes. Derr soon dozed off after dinner and I picked my phone and read Ben's reply.

Ben: Hi! yes Jack is immortal isn't he? Are you up to date on the show? Please don't spoil it for me, I am way behind!

Me: Yes I am up to date with it! What season/epi. are you on again?

Ben: Just about finishing the second season....Intense! I am dying!, Becks does not understand why I get so stressed...hahaha!

Me: Aaah! she does not watch 24? Same situaiton.

Ben: You have a boyfriend?....

Me: Yes... and he does not play on Team24 too!

Ben: Thats a shame!


Me: Same to you!


Me: So I have ordered a couple of pieces and we would start fitting immediately the flooring is done...


He did not respond until past midnight, so I woke up to this response:

Ben: Fitting sounds boring..so what do you say to re-watching some episodes while you fit? when are you fitting?




The 24 fanatic in me responded to that message, although it felt wrong to Derrick's girl, although her heart beat stopped after reading that the text, I would blame the next words i typed out on the 24 fanatic in me..

Me: 24 and work never sounded any better....

It was this moment I admitted to myself I was getting into trouble...!

No comments:

Post a Comment