Wednesday 4 February 2015

Walked Into The Door... My Trap Door.

The following Monday, I sent Ben my terms of agreement by email. He was to go over it and sign by weekend. I decided to pick it up at the his flat so I could have a look around. I was really happy that week, my boyfriend at that time Derrick who worked in advertising had received news that he would be promoted to Digital Adverts Manager...We had a week long celebration every evening at home. Derrick was PERFECT and at that time I would have never ever thought I would be able to love anybody more than I loved Derrick. He was IT.

You know that type of guy that listens (actually paying attention) to you even when you are talking absolute gibberish and shuts you up with kisses, that apologises even when he knows he was right and you were wrong. The type of guy that piggy backs you home because it hurts to walk in your heels. The type that offers you 110% support. He was committed to me and as far as I knew I was committed to him!.

We looked good together, we complimented each other; he is 5'11, brown Hair, clean shaven, light blue eyes with the perfect school boy smile. I am around the same height as Derrick, same hair colour, light brown eyes and petite. We were perfect! He loved to dress to the nines! I was not much of a dresser before we hooked up but my style sense improved with Derrick. I never thought I would ever cheat on Derr or become a cheater, but it happened! I am still sorry for hurting you.

So.. rang the door bell and Ben opens it, he reached in and we air kissed and shook hands, I got my hand back and my palms were sweaty. He smelt zesty cool, I thought nice scent! I walked in, he took my coat off for me and I felt very hot again! He had not moved in yet so the apartment was mostly bare. Except for a foldable bed in the corner with a lamp.

Ben loves to wear lumberjack shirts and was wearing a red one that evening. I had a look at the apartment. Took pictures, took some measurements, and I noticed he stood very close to me when we went through the documents, his smell filled my nostrils and I started to sweat again. We were done, I asked him if there was a store near by; I needed to buy a bottle of wine for myself and Derr. He offered to walk me to one and so off we went.

I remember we talked about how long it took for him to get the apartment, his job, his girlfriends' preferences and all. He was very open about his life.. I just replied with a lot of oh yea? really? and Why?....I noticed he was taller than Derr, he liked to crack jokes, really funny guy! I enjoyed his company, he made me laugh a lot. We got to the store and I turned to say bye but he insisted on walking in with me and walking me back to my car when I was done.

I agreed, we went in, I looked for Derr and I's favourite bottle but they had run out. Ben recommended this other bottle of wine he swore was better than our favourite. I took his word for it. He took the bag from me, walked me to the car, put the bottle on the passengers seat, leaned over pecked my cheek, turned back and walked over to his car... He didn't say a word! I shouted Ok! Bye!

I got inside the car, turned the engine on, and caught my reflection in the rear view mirror. I realised then I had been blushing hard! I looked over at Ben's car and he was gone... I kept trying to stop smiling but could not stop. Ben was lovely..I thought, a nice person..I thought as I drove home to Derr. A voice in my head wondered why I was thinking those things about my client, but I shut it down. I figured he was just a very nice chap...

I and Derr ate dinner with our bottle, Ben was right! It tasted so good I thought to send him a text to say thank you! I picked up my phone and texted him: 'Thank you for the upgrade'... He replied: 'Aah...what did you have it with?'... I replied: 'Lamb never tasted better'.... He then said: 'I am about to poor myself a glass and relax into 24, glad to be of help'...

I love TV, watch a lot of it and I could discuss Jack Bauer the lead character on 24 for hours. Ben loved 24 too.. So lets just say this was the trap door. 24 was my trap door... Derr took my phone from my hand and started to massage my neck, kiss it.. zip down my dress and I forgot all about Ben for the rest of the evening...

But by Monday morningI re-opened that door, and walked in......




No comments:

Post a Comment